Talk about relief! Finishing these has been hanging over my head.
From top left, the trail of development.
Last year we used daily organizers and I would just write a list for each kid in their book. That wasn’t the most efficient setup, and sometimes it was too easy to forget to schedule something that only happened once or twice a week. This new system gives us a week at a glance, and gives me room to write in details for those subjects where I can’t just write ‘next lesson’. I need that, especially for the ones I’m developing myself, like our Manitoba/Prairie unit study, working with Excel, etc.
We will probably use them similarly to how we did last year – the kids really liked highlighting something as they completed subjects, and it’s a nice visual marker of progress.