I wanted a leafy, lacy layering piece for fall, I wanted autumnal colours for my complexion and wardrobe. The Meadowlark vest was something I’d had my eye on for a while. It’s knit using lace-weight doubled, but I had some leftover Silky Tweed, 06, (Elspeth Lavold) that gave me the right gauge. Since I am much more likely to be far too cold than overheating, it’s a good swap.
I haven’t don’t the icord around the armholes yet. Still debating whether to. It might give the heavier yarn some needed structure.
I blocked the top middle area flat, but having seen how the top emerges from the back and kind of flops around the neck, I’m thinking of re-blocking it sort of pleated so that it ripples rather than what is happening now. Could be because my yarn is so much heavier. Yes I got gauge, but the effect is obviously so different.
I gave it a litttle more room in the hips by using 4mm needles for bottom 3.5 reps.
How perfect that the bushes in the yard lit up two days ago for the photoshoot.